Department: Electrical Engineering
School: College of Engineering
Reports to: Department Chair; College Dean
The Department of Electrical Engineering in the College of Engineering at PMU invites applications for male and female faculty positions starting Fall semester 2018 at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Full Professor.
The following electrical engineering areas of teaching and research experiences are identified:
The successful candidates will be expected to:
- teach undergraduate courses
- develop graduate courses and programs, and
- develop funded research programs.
Candidates must have their B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees to be all in electrical engineering. The Ph.D. degree must be from a North American accredited institution. A proven US/Canada academic teaching, research and ABET experiences and professional registrations are expected. In order to apply for a position of Associate / Full Professor, candidates must provide a letter of promotion from an academic institution with a documented due process to the rank of Associate / Full Professor.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- To work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- To integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- To promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
- To contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching.
- To play a significant role in the design, development, and planning of courses and programs within the subject area as required.
- To play a significant role in the review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- To develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- To provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- To provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
Scholarly and Professional Development and Service
- To maintain an appropriate scholarly or professional development activity and to keep up to date with developments in the field as necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- To participate in the comprehensive advisement of students majoring in the College.
- To contribute to the overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on appropriate committees and groups.
- To effectively contribute to the management and administrative processes and committee structures of the School, faculty, and College, as required.
- To participate in, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work (as either sustained or one-time projects) that facilitate School, faculty, or College performance and accreditation, as required.
- To participate in the recruitment, management, development, and mentoring of colleagues, as required.
- And to perform any and all other position-related duties as requested by Chair, Dean, Vice Rector, or Rector.
Benefits and Conditions:
PMU offers an income tax free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12 month salary, summer vacation, accommodation, annual round trip airfare to home country, medical insurance, assistance with school fees for children and end of contract bonus.
These positions are exciting opportunity for faculty to experience the state-of-the-art facilities and learning-centered environment. Also, PMU offers an opportunity to experience the life and culture of the Middle East.
We are looking for creative, experienced and qualified applicants who will identify with the mission of the University.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have any inquiries regarding this position, please send an email specifying the position you are inquiring about in the subject line to:
Ms. Shazia Sammer
CC: Ms. Tedda Castro