HIGH TECH CAMPUS VILLACH, EUROPASTRASSE 12,
9524 VILLACH, AUSTRIA
In the network of science and industry, SAL offers research in the areas of Sensor Systems, RF Systems, Power Electronics, System Integration Technologies and Embedded Systems.
SAL – a great place to research.
YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and development of cutting-edge optical components and integrated silicon photonic devices for high speed optical modulators, detectors and sensing applications.
- Lead or support the design of active and passive photonic devices for complex photonic integrated circuits from concept to prototype.
- Develop new design approaches and optimisation procedures of integrated silicon photonic structures and devices.
- Support and work with process engineers to implement the MEMS/NEMS fabrication process and prototyping in an R&D clean room facility.
- Lead or contribute to design of characterization test bench and data analysis to evaluate the performance of integrated photonic devices.
- Collaborate with all other functional teams and research units in the organisation to implement co-designed and co-optimized photonic systems.
- Scientific report, documentation, generating new intellectual property including patent applications, writing of proposals
- Lead project working with academia and industry
- PhD degree in applied physics, electrical engineering, microengineering or related fields with a focus on photonics and micro- and nanotechnology preferably with a specialisation in Silicon Photonic MEMS and integrated photonics
- Having at least 4 years of experience in design of related silicon photonic devices; Or a post-doc with a very good scientific publication list
- Expert using electromagnetic simulations software (COMSOL, FDTD, wave guide mode solvers, beam propagation method, etc.)
- Strong programming ability with Python, Matlab, or similar language
- Hands-on experience with photonic component development and photonic integrated circuit design and characterization, particularly in Silicon Photonics, nanoimprint technology and etc.
- Good knowledge on applications based on MEMS/NEMS and silicon photonic technologies
- Good knowledge in semiconductor technologies and practical and professional experience in cleanroom microfabrication processes
- Interested in application-oriented development of innovative sensors and actuators concepts based on MEMS technologies
- Autonomous, well organized and enjoy working in a dynamic and multicultural team.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Beginning of the employment: as soon as possible
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of starting with € 52.584.- based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) and depending on your experience and skills.
- Flexible hours with no coretime.
- Free coffee/tea/milk.
- Family/Kids friendly.
- € 4.- food allowance in restaurants / € 2.- in supermarkets
- Homeoffice possible
BECOME PART OF SILICON AUSTRIA LABS
The top research center for electronic based systems (EBS).
Unfold the future, unfold yourself.