The Faculty of Arts is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Literature for a
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of Spanish Literature
Research group: Antwerp Center for Digital humanities and literary Criticism (ACDC)
Short description of research project: This dissertation will study a selected corpus of Spanish literary works during the early Francoism (1939-1959) about the Philippines and Equatorial Guinea. This research will investigate representations of race and gender, focusing especially on how the discourse of La Hispanidad appeared in these texts.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Spanish Literature on Equatorial Guinea and the Philippines.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the Department of Literature.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Spanish Literature, Hispanic Studies or Comparative Literature with Spanish.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Language requirements: Spanish (equivalent to C1), English (equivalent to B2 with outstanding reading skills).
- Some experience in distant reading of texts with digital tools is desirable. However, it is not a requirement and training can be provided after the appointment.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of the scholarship will be between October 1st 2019 and October 1st2020;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.373,36 to € 2.516,73;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date August 11th 2019 and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place between August 20th and September 12th 2019.
- More information about the online application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Dr. Diana Arbaiza firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Rocio Ortuno email@example.com. Tel. 0032 32654256.
The University of Antwerp is a family-friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.