YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research into photonic (micro)structures for (semi-)integrated linear and non-linear spectroscopy and photonic sensing.
- Optics, opto-mechanics and opto-electronics design and (co-) integration.
- Data acquisition, analysis and interpretation.
- Project management.
- Project acquisition.
- Supervision of master and PhD students.
- Scientific publication of achievements in both journals and at pertinent conferences.
- PhD in Physics or a related subject with focus on optics / photonics, or related M.Sc. with extensive experience.
- Sound understanding of photonic principles.
- Extended experience with opto-electronic design and systems.
- Experience in the design and experimental characterization of photonic (semi-) integrated systems for applications in linear and non-linear optics.
- Good knowledge of solid-state/semiconductor physics and related material properties.
- Data analysis (MatLab, Python etc.) and programming skills.
- Previous experience in project management and student supervision.
- Experience in project acquisition (e.g. funded projects).
- Innovative, autonomous and well-organised.
- Keen on bringing scientific findings into application, creating tangible innovation.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English; at least conversational language competences in German is beneficial.
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of starting with € 52.584.- based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs Kollektivvertrag“) and depending on your experience and skills.
- Homeoffice Option.
- Lunch Benefits.
BECOME PART OF SILICON AUSTRIA LABS
The top research center for electronic based systems (EBS).Unfold the future, unfold yourself.